Sunday, July 14, 2013

a terrible morning

to be sure. I was thinking of trying to post a more positive topic, but to ignore what is going on around us is denial at its worst. Its not just FLORIDA! The world is in pain.

We have terrible opinions of each other and ourselves. We walk around in fear, and the fear is becoming justified.
There are too many guns, too much hate and not enough empathy. Our diversity as a country should bring us together, but still so many believe that VERY diversity should go away.

 In the world, of course, we use it as an excuse to kill pregnant women and children.
The hardest part to swallow is that in life, there is much of this.

We all feel bad when we see the horrible stuff reported by the news, but what about all the shit we don't see? DO we know what is going on in Egypt? Syria? Africa?
The world is suffering, and in order to stop inflicting more, we must change ourselves!

I have to dial down my anger. I have a real problem with BULLIES as I was bullied as a child. I believe that my reaction to the verdict is warranted (I want to find Zimmerman in a dark alley, and I want to beat him to death in front of HIS MOTHER slowly), but how I respond is up to me. How I choose to see this and feel this are up to me.
I can post a humorous pic on FB about 'Dexter' possibly going after Zimmerman, but now I feel bad about that. I think humor is the best defense, but I put out the wrong message.

Revenge is fruitless. The world has been hacking and cutting bits of itself off due to what was done ....Germany went nuts because of social discourse in the 19th century, so when Hitler showed up, they WANTED what he was selling. German FREEDOM.

Is that not that what we all want?


"I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"
    Dr. Martin Luther King 1963

I was born that year.  50 years ago . I am holding onto this, and not my previous thought.
I will try to look for the light today.

7/14/13


No comments:

Post a Comment